- Tri-bead fish. Tribeads on a colored pipe cleaner — Determine where middle of pipe cleaner is and twist together about ½ inch up so have a loop to attach a hook to (one like on dog leash where you attach it to the collar). Then put card on that part indicating which reunion group. After the loop start putting beads on the top and the bottom parts of the pipe cleaner. Pipe cleaner on sample is kelly green and the fish is really pretty. Top: 2 clear, 2 yellow, 2 pink, 2 dark green, 2 light green, 2 orange, 2 red, 2 lavender, 2 aqua, 2 dark blue. Bottom: 2 dark blue, 2 aqua, 2 lavender, 2 red, 2 orange, 2 light green, 2 dark green, 2 pink, 2 yellow, 2 clear. Then twist together the pipe cleaners. Have bead part in fish body shape. Leave about 1 and ½ inches of pipe cleaner for tail in V shape.
- Agape bag — a bought birthday party bag with balloons on it. Sure was appreciated by the time that afternoon came around!
- God bag.
– Create a crisis. (If you already have one, skip step 1)
– Write it down
– Open bag.
– Insert crisis.
– Close bag
– Let go and let God.
The Disciple General has determined that “taking things back” is hazardous to your spiritual health. (Saying was done on computer – – items were numbered. Printed on colored paper. Then paper was glued to bag. Computer generated label (small mailing label) with reunion group name was stuck above the cut out saying. Bag was left open.)
- Mending kit (bought). Saying glued on: “Be Prepared to be Repaired.”
- Rainbow Peephole: Bought little round circle with special acetate in the middle. When you look through the circle at a light, you see rainbows. Works best when you look at a pinpoint of light like a lamp or tiny white Christmas lights. We have gotten “glasses” like this at Christmas –you look thru and see Noel or Joy. Can purchase through the internet – “Rainbow Symphony, Inc.”
- Yo – yo. (The kind you would find in the birthday party favor section of the store or from Oriental Trading — i.e., favor size Yo-yo). In a snack baggie with piece of paper that says: “God’s prevenient grace is constantly wooing, pursuing, and drawing us back to Him — like a yo-yo.” Label with reunion group or Emmaus community name stuck on outside of baggie.
- Small plastic brandy snifter about 1 ½ inches high.br Saying on red paper strip rolled up and put inside bowl of brandy snifter (so it is filled with red) br “And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you; for this is the blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.” Matt. 26: 27 – 28.
- A penny for your thoughts. Bought card and pressed penny. Penny has the 10 commandments pressed on it. To see the wording on the penny, tilt the coin to the right. Same principle applies with the 10 commandments — to understand each Commandment, you need the light of the New Testament. … www.raycomfort.com
- Small 1″ pastel flowerpot with small flowers in “Let God nourish you where you bloom and grow” on self-adhesive label. Piece of rainbow striped ribbon around flowerpot.
- Bottle of bottled water. Yarn tied around neck. Several cards hold punched and tied to it:
“Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
“As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, Oh God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
Psalm 42, NIV
“It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega,
the Beginning and the End. To him who is
thirsty, I will give to drink without cost from
the spring of the water of life.
Revelation 21:6 NIV